11 Arrested in Rash of Lacey Burglaries
Thefts of jewelry were estimated at $50,000
Eleven Ocean County residents have been arrested and charged in connection to a rash of burglaries that occurred over the course of two months in Lacey Township.
From September to November, Lacey Police responded to 15 residential burglaries, most of which occurred during the daytime hours, Detective Chris Cornelius said. In each burglary, the homes were entered through unlocked doors and windows.
In most cases, jewelry was stolen from the master bedroom of the homes, he said. The thefts have an estimated value of nearly $50,000.
The following suspects are being held at the Ocean County Jail in lieu of outstanding bails, which are listed below:
- Nicole Such, 20, charged with five counts of burglary and five counts of theft, bail set at $75,000;
- William Fischer, 21, charged with two counts of receiving stolen property, burglary and theft, bail set at $50,000;
- Steven Doell, 25, charged with receiving stolen property, two counts of burglary and theft, bail set at $30,000;
- Kenneth Novack, 23, charged with receiving stolen property, two counts of burglary and theft, bail set at $30,000;
- Joseph Suckiel, 21, charged with three counts of burglary, three charges of theft and possessing a scanner while committing a crime, bail set at $62,500;
- Thomas Suckiel, 19, charged with burglary, theft and conspiracy to commit burglary, posted his $30,000 bail and was released;
- Brian Hennessey, 24, charged with two counts of burglary, theft and failure to return mislaid property, bail set at $20,000;
- Jamie Okane, 20, charged with burglary, no bail as she allegedly violated probation;
- Renae Milko, 22, charged with burglary, theft and conspiracy to commit burglary, bail set at $50,000;
- Gabriella Terrill, 22, charged with burglary, theft and conspiracy, no bail, as she allegedly violated probation;
- Joseph Hover, 25, charged with two counts of burglary, two counts of theft and criminal attempt to commit burglary, bail set at $50,000.
The aforementioned people were all from Lacey, except Milko, who resides in Waretown.
The arrests were made after detectives recovered stolen pieces of jewelry and pawn slips, received information from neighbors, conducted numerous interviews of suspects and recovered physical evidence, Cornelius said.
In addition to the charges, future testimony will be provided to an Ocean County grand jury which will consider additional indictments, he said.
The following graph breaks down the burglaries and charges:
|Location of Home Burglarized||Accused||Charges|
|Lake Barnegat Drive||Nicole Such||Burglary, theft|
|William Fischer||Receiving Stolen Property|
|Adolphus Street||Nicole Such||Burglary, theft|
|Deerhead Lake Drive||Nicole Such||Burglary, theft|
|William Fischer||Burglary, theft|
|Center Street||Nicole Such||Burglary, theft|
|William Fischer||Receiving Stolen Property|
|Llewellyn Parkway||Steven Doell||Receiving Stolen Property|
|Kenneth Novak||Receiving Stolen Property|
|Kent Drive||Joseph Suckiel||Burglary, theft|
|Kenneth Novak||Burglary, theft|
|Sheffield Drive||Joseph Suckiel||Burglary, theft, possessing a scanner while committing a crime|
|Thomas Suckiel||Burglary, theft|
|Nantucket Drive||Steven Doell||Burglary, theft|
|Brian Hennessey||Burglary, theft|
|Tampa Road||Steven Doell||Burglary|
|Hollywood Drive||Joseph Suckiel||Burglary|
|Thomas Suckiel||Conspiracy to Commit Burglary|
|Independence Drive||Joseph Suckiel||Theft|
|Brian Hennessey||Failure to Return Mislaid Property|
|Bullard Road||Renae Milk||Burglary, theft, conspiracy to commit burglary|
|Gabriella Terrill||Burglary, theft, conspiracy|
|Cabot Street||Joseph Hover||Burglary, theft|
|Shady Brook Drive||Joseph Hover||Criminal Attempt to Commit Burglary|
|Conifer Drive||Joseph Hover||Burglary, theft|
Terrill was previously charged with possession of cocaine and possession of oxycodone in January, indicted in April on two counts of fraudulent use of a credit card and charged with shoplifting in May
Milko was previously indicted in September 2011 on a charge of stealing jewelry, indicted in November 2011 on charges of burglarizing a home and taking and selling more than $500 in jewelry; and charged with burglary, theft and conspiracy to commit burglary in September.
Joseph Suckiel was indicted in November 2011 on charges of burglarizing a home and taking and selling more than $500 in jewelry with Milko.