Five Things Happening This Weekend: Bike Ride For Robert Bethanis, Haircuts for Kyle And More
Many fundraising and other events are taking place in the area this weekend
Here is what's happening in and around Barnegat this weekend:
1. "Get Buzzed" Barbershop, 335 Route 9 North, Lanoka Harbor, will offer $12 haircuts to benefit "Courage From Kyle" from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Sunday, with door prizes, refreshments and more. Call (609) 549-0691 for more information.
2. Waretown Branch of the Barnegat Library will re-open today during its usual Saturday hours of 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.. The branch was closed for just over two weeks after a car accident caused structural damage to the side of the building. According to the library officials, the building has now been fixed.
3. As part of a statewide "Cut-A-Thon" drive to raise awareness about domestic abuse, sponsored by the Catholic Charities Diocese of Trenton, DazzlzSpa Salon on 912 West Bay Avenue in Barnegat will be collecting shampoo, conditioner, diapers, baby wipes, diaper cream, toilet paper and paper towels for women and children staying at the Providence House Domestic Violence Services of Catholic Charities Eemergency Safe House. The collection will take place at the salon from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. For more information, call (609)698-2277.
4. Brain Cancer Research Foundation will hold its annual awareness day on Sunday, 3 to 5 p.m., at the Sea Oaks Country Club in Little Egg Harbor, in support of a Senate bill that would proclaim May 20 a day honoring all charities. A $10 donation will cover the cost of snacks, food and enttertainment, including a DJ. The event promises speakers, prizes, and more. For information, email Ava at email@example.com or call (609) 457-4103 to R.S.V.P.
5. Friends of Robert Bethanis are holding a bike run benefit tomorrow, May 20, followed by a party with food and entertainment at Longshots in Waretown to benefit Bethanis and his family. Bethanis is a Barnegat man who is staying in the hospital since March 17, when he was severely beaten outside the Lighthouse Tavern. Registration for the event starts at 9 a.m. at Longshots, 535 Route 9 South. The bike run will pull out from the area at around 10:30 a.m. For more information, call Sonya Dean at (609) 276-1210.
Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 73. Sunday is expected to be nice as well, though there is a slight -- 20 percent -- chance of showers.
Have a great weekend, everyone!