We're heading into a period of cooler, drier weather with lots of
sunshine. Now's the time to head to Long Beach Island for a swim or a walk on the beach. Gov. Chris Christie will be in Beach Haven at 11:30 a.m. to kick off the opening of the Beach Haven School, which has been closed since Superstorm Sandy.
- The National Weather Service is calling for sunny skies with a high
near 81 degrees. Winds will be from the west at 9 miles per hour.
Tonight - Mostly clear with a low near 62 degrees. Winds will be from the west at 10 miles per hour.
Expect sunny skies for the first day of school at Central Regional and
Berkeley Township schools, with a high of 82 degrees. Winds will be from
the west at 11 miles per hour.
Things to Do:
•Ocean County Board of Freeholders, 4 p.m., Ocean County Administration Building, 101 Hooper Avenue, Toms River.
•Southern Regional schools open, early dismissal at 11:50 a.m.
• Stafford Township schools open, early dismissal.
• Ocean County Board of Freeholders, 4 p.m., Room 119, Ocean County Administration Building, 101 Hooper Avenue, Toms River.
What we are working on:
• Gov. Christie visits Beach Haven School
• Southern Ocean Medical Center debuts new emergency department