Long Beach Township's 12 miles of oceanfront makes up much of LBI. The township is as varied as its many neighborhoods: Loveladies, North Beach, Brant Beach, Beach Haven Crest, Brighton Beach, Peahala Park, Beach Haven Park, Haven Beach, The Dunes, Beach Haven Terrace, Beach Haven Gardens, Spray Beach, North Beach Haven, South Beach Haven and Holgate.
Whether you are visiting Brant Beach's St. Francis Center, the Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts in Loveladies, frequenting the township's many boutiques, mini-golf courses and restaurants, playing tennis just outside the town hall or visiting a playground by the bay, there is always something to do here.
- Beach badges: $30 seasonal when purchased before June 15; $40 when purchased June 15 and later. Weekly badge is $20 and daily badge $5. Children younger than 12 are free. Senior citizen badge is $5. Badges can be purchased at the Beach Badge Office on 68th Street in Brant Beach, next to town hall.
- Lifeguard hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Parking: Available on side streets; at Holgate at the island’s south end; and at Bayview Park, at 68th and Long Beach Boulevard.
- Bathrooms: Holgate parking lot at Bay Avenue, Bayview Park and the Loveladies parking lot at Harbor Street.
- Food and drink: Picnicking is not allowed, and as far as beverages, only water is OK.
For more information, call the town hall at 609-361-1000.