Veterans Day is Sunday, Nov. 11, but the day will be honored throughout Ocean County on the following day, Monday, Nov. 12.
Here are some of the scheduled events:
- Stafford Township will host a Veteran’s Day Ceremony to honor soldiers at the Municipal Complex on Sunday at 1:30 p.m.
- At the John Wesley Taylor American Legion Post #232 in Barnegat, there will be a monthly buffet breakfast. In honor of Veteran's Day, there will be a free breakfast from 9 to 12 noon. It is at the American Legion Post #232 American Legion on Route 9 in Barnegat.
- The Manchester Branch of the Ocean County Library welcomes veteran and Ocean County resident Leon “Lee” Gromowa to share his experiences fighting in the Vietnam War. The event takes place on Monday at 3 p.m. It’s free but you must register before at (732) 657-7600 or on their website.
- Georgian Court University in Lakewood offers a free Veterans Day celebration entitled “Lifting the Clouds of War: The Music of World War II”. It’s a lecture with songs. You can catch it at the Dorothy Marron University Community Chapel on Tuesday at 7 p.m. Reserve your seat to this event by calling 732-987-2263.
- Brick's annual Veterans Day ceremony will take place this Sunday at the township municipal complex. Brick Township Officials will join members of Brick VFW Post No. 8867 and Brick American Legion Post No. 348 for the annual event. It will take place Sunday, Nov. 11 at 11 a.m. at the War Memorial outside the municipal building, 401 Chambers Bridge Road.
- Manchester's annual service will be held on the front lawn of the Colonial Drive Municipal Complex at the War Veterans Memorial, according to Mayor Michael Fressola's office. The event will be 11 a.m. on Sunday.
- Lakehurst's service, which is sponsored by the borough's VFW Post 10061, will be held at Lake Horicon. The event will be 11 a.m. on Sunday.
- Lacey residents will join in Bicentennial Park to honor all veterans at 11 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 11.