The following is a press release submitted by St. Francis Community Center.
Summer is fast approaching and St. Francis Community Center has a lot
of programs and activities for all ages.
The St. Francis Community Center is located at 4700 Long Beach Blvd. Long Beach Township, NJ 08008. The Center is open to everyone regardless of religious preference.
Registration starts on Monday, June 3 at 9:00 AM and the programs are scheduled to start as early as June 24.
Brochures can be found at the Community Center, Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce located in Ship Bottom, local libraries and online at www.stfranciscenterlbi.org.
St. Francis Aquatic Center:
• All levels of swimming instruction: Water Tots, (4 Year Old) Beginner Swim, Beginner Level 1, Beginner Level 2, Intermediate and Advanced.
• Private and Semiprivate swim lessons are also available.
• Additional Aquatic programs are: Competitive Swim, Youth Swim Team, Introduction to Surfing, Introduction to Stand-up Paddling, Deep Water Aerobics, Aquatic Aerobics, Aquatic Arthritis Exercise and Waterworks. Lifeguard Training, CPR/AED Training for the
Professional Lifeguard Rescuer/Lifeguard and a CPR and First Aid Challenge are also available.
St. Francis Recreation Programs:
• Boating Safety Course – NJ Certified
• Basketball: Tot and Tyke Basketball, Basketball Clinic, Private Basketball Lessons and a
• Lacrosse: Beginners and Private Lessons.
• Baseball: Let’s Play Ball, Hitting Clinic and Private Lessons.
• Soccer: Clinic or Private Lessons.
• Gymnastics: Two clinics are available.
• For Kids: Ultimate Recreation Camp Games, Children’s Art & Fantasy and Youth Dance Class.
• For Adults: Tap, Ballroom Dancing, Knitting and Crocheting and One Stroke Painting,
• Fitness: All-In-One Fitness Class, Core/Flexibility Conditioning and Butts ‘n Gutts or develop an individualized approach to exercise and health with private lessons with a Personal Trainer.
An affordable, yearly membership entitles persons to lower rates for many activities, and free admission to “Open Gym." Pool Memberships are also available for 3 months, 6 months or yearly for individual or families.
Serving the entire Southern Ocean County area, the community center offers the area’s original Vacation Club for children ages five through thirteen and offers swimming, arts & crafts, basketball, trips and much more!
A Senior Center; Recreation & Aquatic Programs; Counseling, Family and Parenting Services; a Volunteer Program and many special events are also offered year-round.
The Center’s facilities include: a regulation gymnasium, competition-size indoor pool and two heated outdoor pools.
St. Francis Community Center provides year-round educational, social, recreational and self development activities and programs for all ages. For more information please view our web site at: www.stfranciscenterlbi.org or call the Center at 609-494-8861.