You can say you're chasing away the winter blues, or getting yourself ready for summer, but really – do you need a reason to take a spa day? Check out some of these picks:
- Milagro Day Spa at the Atlantic Club, 1904 Atlantic Ave., Manasquan: This fitness club spa is well-known for its massages, but it offers a range of other services, too: facials, hair, nails and beauty. The spa also offers specialty body care treatments such as the French Body Polish, which incorporates essential oils and body creams to lighten and purify the skin; the Milagro Sea Salt Glow, which uses rejuvinating Dead Sea salts; and the Milagro Mud Wrap, which includes a light body scrub followed by a full-body mud application. Check out the website for more details: www.milagrospa.com
- Simply Skin Day Spa, 313 West Water St., Toms River: This downtown Toms River spa is a traditional, comfortable space with beach-themed décor. Simply skin offers about 20 skin care treatments, from facials to collagen and vitamin C treatments. They offer 13 signature massages including a mother-to-be, deep tissue, and hot stone massages. The spa offers natural hand and foot care, waxing and make-up services, too. You can find prices and more on their website: www.simplydayspa.com.
- Tranquil Escape Medi Day Spa, 51 Kent Road, Howell: This one's not your typical day spa, but Tranquil Escape offers a lot of popular cosmetic services, including Botox, skin tightening treatments, cellulite reduction, and facial treatments. They also offer the newest and most therapeutic facial on the market, HydraFacial MD. Massages and general facials are also available. Tranquil Escape Medi Day Spa can be found online at www.tranquilescapemedispa.com.
- Sea Spa at White Sands Resort, 1205 Ocean Avenue, Point Pleasant: Located on the oceanfront, this hotel spa comes with a free sea breeze. Perfect for a day trip to the beach, or for those looking for a weekend getaway, you can enjoy the salon and fitness center, Jacuzzi, indoor pool, sauna, and steam room during your visit. Offering a full range of spa services including hair design, manicures, pedicures, massages, facials, body treatments, and make-up, it's a classic spa and a one-stop spot. You can make reservations online at www.thewhitesands.com.
- Ocean Place Resort and Spa, 1 Ocean Blvd., Long Branch: This upscale choice – another hotel location – is located on the shoreline of Long Branch. The posh spa and the luxe hotel it's in will make you feel like a queen for the day. There are full body, reflexology and warm stone massages, deep cleaning and aromatherapy facials, exfoliation buffs and polishes, body wraps, masks, and back treatments, pregnancy massages and treatments and even Reiki. More info and reservations can be found online at www.oceanplace.com.