Written by Colleen Platt
The man once heralded as saving Sammy the dog today entered a guilty plea to abusing him.
Keith Morgan entered pleas of guilty to abuse and animal cruelty, and filing a false report with police.
Shauna Morgan entered guilty pleas to two counts if abuse and neglect. A charge of abandonment was dismissed.
- Men Involved in Watercraft Collision Identified
- Clock Ticking Down for Beachwood Shopping Center
- Police Identify Brick Woman Found Dead in Toms River Hotel
- UPDATE: Two People Involved in Beachwood Shooting…
- Joe's Crab Shack Ready To Open Today
- UPDATE: Crowds Brave Thunderstorms To Eat At Joe's Crab…
- Smashburger Heads to Brick
- UPDATE: Police Identify Brick Woman Found Dead in Toms…
Prior to the hearing, about 40 people lined the hallways at The Brick Municipal Court waiting to enter the hearing of the couple. Some wore shirts that said "justice for Sammy."
Keith and Shauna Morgan faced animal cruelty charges in connection with the dog, who was initially thought to be found on the side of the road by Keith on March 14. The Morgans were later charged.