.

No One Injured In Pinewoods Estates Mobile Home Fire; Cigarette Possible Cause

A fire burned a mobile home in Pinewoods Estates on Sunday.

At approximately 11:50 p.m., officers responded to a reported fire at an Evergreen Lane address. Officers arrived on scene and saw flames coming from the mobile home, police said.

The residents of the mobile home had all safely evacuated prior to the police's arrival. The officers then evacuated the surrounding mobile homes.

The Barnegat Volunteer Fire Company arrived on scene and extinguished the fire. Volunteer fire companies from both Stafford and Warren Grove also responded and assisted. The mobile home suffered fire, smoke, and water damage.

No one was injured and no surrounding mobile homes were damaged. 

Preliminary evidence indicates the fire was caused by a lit cigarette that ignited a blanket. The Ocean County Fire Marshall is investigating. 
Avenging Angel April 29, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Another smoking related tragedy.
Joanne Waters May 01, 2014 at 08:46 AM
I am the owner of the mobile home that was destroyed. Thank you to all the responders for their hard work and kindness. The out pouring of help and concern from the community has been overwhelming. We don't know the cause yet and it's nice to see love and caring rather than finger pointing. Yes we are looking for a short term rental to house us. I am 62yrs old and disabled but I have these children that I adopted to care for. Prayers would be so appreciated. Thank you.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »