Monday's Barnegat Township Committee Meeting agenda was light, but there were still some important things announced over the course of the two-hour meeting. Here are five things you need to know if you missed Monday's meeting.
1. The Lower Shore Softball Field's Grand Opening takes place this Saturday, June 9. The festivities begin at 9 a.m.
2. Following a Memorial Day Parade held on a day in which temperatures reached into the 90's by the parade's conclusion, Barnegat Mayor Alfonso Curilli announced a new start time for next year's parade. It is now scheduled to begin at 10 a.m.
3. Walt Fernandez discussed the "Day on the Bay," presented by the Barnegat Recreation Disability Advisory Board and hosted by Bob's Bay Marina, 459 East Bay Avenue. It takes place Sunday, June 24, and offers free boat rides to children and adults with special needs. The event takes place from 11 a.m.-2 p.m., and all participants must be accompanied by a legal guardian or a parent to sign a waiver. Refreshments will be available. For more information, call the Barnegat Recreation Department at 609-290-8741, or email email@example.com.
4. There was no closed session following Monday's meeting. The resolution was tabled due to the absence of Township Attorney Jerry Dasti.
5. Work on Blue Claw Drive to repair driveways and sidewalks and repave the road began last week at a cost of $75,000, with the funding coming from a Developers Performance Bond. A resolution authorizing the first payment of $8,380.79 was passed at Monday's meeting.