Long Beach Island is known for its popular beaches and nightlife during the summer months, and the island plays host to many great events as well. Below is a quick glance at five events happening in June.
1. Back for its fourth year and growing strong is The Lighthouse International Film Festival, which started yesterday and will continue until June 3. The festival offers film enthusiasts a chance to screen award winning films, meet industry leaders and take in after parties. View the 2012 schedule, purchase tickets or passes and find out why this festival is fast becoming a favorite among film lovers Passes can also be purchased by clicking here or visiting LBIregion.com.
2. Another four-year-old crowd pleaser will be held on June 9-10. The Jersey Shore Fine Arts Festival, rated top 45th art show in the nation, comes back to the Ethel Jacobsen Field in Ship Bottom. This pet-friendly, open air event provides art patrons with a chance to view thousands of works of fine art and meet the artist on site. There is no admisson or parking fee for this smoke free festival . Event takes place from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday.
3. June 9 is LBI Fest featuring fun for the family with plenty of food, games and music from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
4. The 18th Annual Baymen's Seafood & Music Festival will take place June 18, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. At the festival you can enjoy delicious Jersey fresh clams, crabs, scallops and shrimp from the finest local seafood purveyors. Crafters, vendors, music, food, refreshments, family activities, demonstrations, boat rides, boat builders and carvers will be there. Speak with commercial fishermen to learn about occupations on the bay or take a clam shucking class. King Neptune and Mermaid contests will be held! Presented by the Jersey Shore Folklife Center.
5. For another outstanding fresh seafood experience, check out The Jazzy Scallop Festival on June 23 presented by Viking Village of Barnegat Light. Event is from 3 to 6 p.m. and provides the perfect evening of fine seafood tasting from local restaurants and live jazz music. Festival goers can enjoy a self guided dock tour, extended shopping hours, fresh local seafood and live music throughout the event. Tickets are $25 by advance and can be purchased at the Southern Ocean County Chamber Visitor Center in Ship Bottom or any of the Viking Village shops. Tickets will be $30 at the door.
For more information contact the LBI Region DMO/Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce at 609 494 7211 or at visitLBIregion.com